Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Ice Cube Drama Concludes (Part 2 of 3)

Oct 21, 94

Mark,

Buon Giorno! Ciao! Thanks for the letter & cool postcard. Mail makes my day here cause it's a rare treat. It's funny cause everyday people are waiting patiently by the door for the mail to arrive so they can pounce on it. Italy and I are doing well. Italy is fantastic. Europe is cool. I've managed to venture off to Barcelona, Paris, Salzburg, Zurich & Innsbruck. I've seen bits and pieces of Italy (i.e. Florence, Amalfi, Rome, Pienza, Stromboli, Perugia, etc.) but I still have all of Nov to travel and see things here. School takes up a lot of time. For awhile I was frustrated because all I did was sit in class or in studio when there was a whole world to see outside. But the tide has turned and I'm planning on going and doing more things. We leave this sunday for a North trip that takes us to Venice and Verona. After the trip I'm taking off for Munich and Prague and possibly Vienna. It should be great! Like I said, Italy is fantastic, but I do miss ice cubes and food type (i.e. Mexican and Chinese). Ice cubes are hard to come by here unless you're at McDonalds. I figure it's cause of the expensive heating/cooling practices. Our school won't turn on the heat until Nov. Gotta start wearing layers. Ever feel like a marshmallow with so many laters on - huge and puffy? I bought a cool black hat here. It's from Benetton - which is an Italian store (I didn't know the before). I didn't bring any of my hate, so I had to buy one here - imagine me living without hats for an entire semester. wow! Hmmm, so you're gay, huh. :-) I've got these great guy friends who would love to meet you - just kidding! Gee, if I only I had more room on this thing (to write). Well, my dream is to pursue a career in computer animation and go into film. But I think you knew that already. You know it's funny how you can be thrown into a new situation where you don't know everyone and you have to live with them for four months with no escapes that you are used to. You find new ways to adapt. Reading, drawing, etc. And it's amazing how many people can actually get on your nerves. You learn a lot about yourself over here. I know I've changed as a person. And I know I won't be able to see the effects until I go back home and immerse myself in the life I knew before. It should be interesting. I'd love to say more but I've run outta room. Take care! Ciao!

Wendy ...

--------------

And that is the end of my correspondence with Wendy. She apparently thought I was gay. Weird, I don't recall that little highlight of our friendship. I do recall her fascination with hats.


I've got a few of Wendy's drawings that I will post separately once I get my scanner sorted out.

No comments: