Sunday, June 10, 2012

French Penpal, Part Two!


01/02/89

Hello Mark,

How are you? I'm not in very good forme because I've god a cold since a few day. I want to wish you an happy birthday even I be late. My birthday is the 11 November. I was happy to know that you live near Los Angeles because as I told you in my first letter I practice Athletic and in July I might go to Los Angeles for a probationary period and a competition with the team of Gironde. (it's my department) But I'm not sure yet. Maybe we could meet up. In France the sports you told me about like Football American, Baseball and Hockey are very unusual except the football and the basketball. I would like to see that. Like you I don't know skating on ice and the last time I went to the skating rink I came back all black and blue. Me too I like dancing and the next Thursday I'll go to a party with some friends. I would like singing but in my school there is no chorus and I've never done theatre. There's a club of theatre in my school but I'm not very interested by that. But I admire people who do theatre. I think they're very good. I like movies and the last film I've seen is Le Grand Bleu. It's a film about a man who was only happy in the sea. It was fantastic. Can you tell me French singers or actors are famous in United States? I'm quite good at school particularly in Mathematics and Physical. Bruges is a little town at 5 kilometres of Bordeaux which is one of the biggest city in France. It's a district very famous for his wine.
Personally I hate wine.
I like dogs. I've got one. It's a beagle. He's always all what he can and now he's quite fat. He's very funny. Have you got some pets? In winter a lot of my friends go skiing to the mountains. I don't like very much that. Have you already go to ski? Your French is quite good but there's some mistakes who are not very important. Can you explain me what you have done when you worked at Disneyland in the parades. I didn't understand. Can you tell me something about the city where you live, about your family and your friends? I hope you have understood me.
Can you send me a photo of you like I've done please? Good bye.

Christelle

Answer me please.

------------------------

So, that is it. Clearly Christelle knew I would flake out on my duties. I'm sad about that. Finding these letters inspired me to look for her on Facebook. I found someone with the matching name, the correct age and city. I sent her a message saying I was 23 years late, but wanted to say hello. Then i read her notes again and saw that the birthdays did not match. So, there is now a Christelle in France that thinks I am a crazy person in addition to one that thinks I am a horrible penpal. Sorry about that France.



No comments: