Sunday, June 10, 2012

French Penpal, Part One!


Jeudi 22 Décembre (1988)

Hello Mark!

My name is Christelle. I'm your new correspondent. I live in Bruges next to Bordeaux. I'm sixteen. I'm fond of dancing, listening to music, doing sports and particularly Athletic. I practice it in a club and I train me three times in a week.

For the moment I'm on Christmas holidays for two weeks. I hope you too, but I don't know if the holidays are at the same time in France and in the U.S.A. Can you tell me something about your hobbies? Are you good at school?

I would like to visit your country. I think it's formidable. Can you talk to me about it. I wish you a happy new year.

Best regards,
Christelle

-----------------

Let's get the correspondence blogging started with my French penpal. When I took French back in high school, they hooked us up with penpals in France. It was a great idea, but I probably didn't appreciate it. I received only two letters from Christelle, probably because I didn't reply to her. I don't really remember. So, this is the first of the two letters she sent me.



No comments: