Monday, April 20, 2009

Adopt A Character for 2009 Update

I adopted Red Sonja this year and just finished up the first three books in my Red Sonja education. Red Sonja headlined her own book for 22 issues at Marvel in the 70s. These are collected in three volumes. These volumes have gotten pretty terrible reviews on Amazon. Apparently, the digital coloring that was done for the collection was not well received by long-time Sonja fans. I have never seen the originals and I can't imagine I will be tracking them down. Maybe if another version with better art comes out I will buy them again because the stories are wonderful.


These issues were released between 1975 and 1979. I didn't notice the artwork being that horrible while reading the books. Don't let the art complaints keep you from picking these books up. Who knows if there will be another release and tracking the issues down would be a pain. If you are at all interested in Red Sonja, you should read these books. Four out of five stars. Volume 1 - Volume 2 - Volume 3

No comments: