Thursday, January 22, 2009

If I Had $40 million?

If I had $40 million, I would fund myself another X-Files movie. I was a pretty significant X-Files fan back in the day. I didn't just watch the television show. I played the video games. I read the books. I watched the shows that were tangentially related to the X-Files universe. I read the comics. I named my dog Scully. I was a pretty big fan.

As the second movie approached, I was excited. I avoided all spoilers and vowed to see it as soon as possible. It opened the same weekend I was at Comic-Con, so I figured I would go see it during the following week sometime. Then I started to hear that it was bad. I don't really remember where these rumblings came from, but I decided I didn't want to be disappointed. So, I skipped it.

I finally got around to renting it from Netflix this week and it was awesome! Okay, maybe not awesome, but I really loved it. I had no idea what the plot was and I was so happy to find out it was it wasn't an alien invasion movie. I do love the alien mythos stuff, but I really love the X-Files' monster-of-the-week episodes. I don't want to spoil anything. Just know it is super creepy in all the right ways. If you gave it a pass like i did, do yourself a favor and rent it.

Thank you to Chris Carter, Gillian Anderson, and David Duchovny for making a great X-Files movie for me and the rest of your fans. I really hope you guys can find a way to get another film made. You could have it set in 2012, maybe? Bring on the aliens! Just make sure you add some Slim Whitman to the soundtrack.

No comments: