Thursday, July 17, 2008

Le Cercle Rouge

Expectations can be a terrible thing. Lately, I have been following along on Filmspotting.net's dvd marathons. The current marathon involves heist films. So, last night I popped Le Cercle Rouge into my dvd player and was thoroughly expecting to be wowed. I had heard many a time how awesome a film it is. The epitome of cool. Whatever. I was less than charmed. Don't sit there thinking that I just don't like old movies or foreign films. Examples of both can be found in my top ten films of all time. I just couldn't get into the story of Le Cercle Rouge. I didn't care about the characters at all. The heist wasn't that impressive either. The thing with the key was particularly lame. Disappointing. If you want to see a really wonderful French heist film, check out Rififi.

I just found out there is a remake of Le Cercle Rouge on the way with Orlando Bloom. I am not sure how to feel about that. Bloom is a supporter of the best football club in the world, but his film career has been a bit patchy.

No comments: